KEY VERSA ADVANTAGES
- More powerful engine – Versa’s 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine has more power than Yaris’s 1.5-liter 4-cylinder, providing more responsive acceleration and passing capability.
- 16 more horsepower than Yaris (122 hp vs. 106)
- 11 more lb-ft of torque than Yaris (114 lb-ft vs. 103)
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control1 (ICC) (Full-Speed Range) – Versa’s available Intelligent Cruise Control automatically adjusts the vehicle’s set speed according to the flow of traffic. The system enables the vehicle to help maintain a preset gap to the vehicle ahead. This feature is not available on any Yaris.
- More supplemental air bags2 – Versa has a total of 10 air bags, including two front-seat knee and two rear-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags. Yaris only offers six air bags, and none are front knee or rear-passenger side-impact supplemental air bags.
- Front-seat supplemental knee air bags
- Rear-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- More available advanced safety technologies – Versa offers a long list of advanced safety technologies that can warn drivers and intervene if necessary to help prevent a collision or mitigate its effects. Yaris has a Low-Speed Pre-Collision System but has no equivalent to Versa’s other advanced safety features.
- Standard Lane Departure Warning3 (LDW) with Haptic Steering Wheel
- Available Blind Spot Warning4 (BSW)
- Available Rear Cross Traffic Alert5 (RCTA)
- Standard Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection6 (vs. no pedestrian detection)
- Standard Rear Automatic Braking7 (RAB)
- Roomier interior – Versa interior offers more room for passengers and storage than Yaris.
- 1.3 inches more front head room (39.5 in. vs. 38.2)
- 3.6 inches more rear shoulder room (53.6 in. vs. 50.0)
- 2.3 inches more front hip room (50.9 in. vs. 48.6)
- 2.6 inches more front leg room (44.5 in. vs. 41.9)
- 3 cubic feet more interior passenger volume (88.9 cu. ft. vs. 85.9)
- 1.2–1.5 cubic feet more trunk capacity (14.7–15.0 cu. ft. vs. 13.5)
- Xtronic CVT® (vs. 6-speed A/T)
- Hill start assist
- Standard automatic on/off headlights (vs. available)
- Zero Gravity front seats
- More total USB ports (3 vs. 2)
- Available Rear Door Alert8
- Available Remote Engine Start
- Siri® Eyes Free9 and Google Assistant™9 (Voice Recognition)
- Available Apple CarPlay®9 and Android Auto™9
- Available Intelligent Driver Alertness10 (I-DA)
- Available 7-inch Advanced Drive-Assist® Display
- Available individual tire pressure monitoring11
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert
Explore the fuel economy and other performance aspects of the Nissan Versa in more detail at Tom Peacock Nissan.
2019 TOYOTA YARIS OVERVIEW
Yaris is Toyota’s entry-level subcompact sedan, formerly sold as the Scion iA. It is available in three trim levels (L, LE, XLE). Both L and LE offer a choice of a 6-speed manual transmission or a 6-speed automatic transmission. The XLE is only equipped with the automatic. There are no available standalone options or packages, just a few accessories.
Yaris comes with a 106-hp 1.5-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine.
Toyota positions Yaris as a stylish, fuel-efficient sedan with “modern technology” and Toyota’s Active Safety System. Yet Versa offers equal fuel economy (with CVT) while also adding energetic and dynamic styling. Versa boosts its value with a greater number of advanced convenience technologies, more passenger and cargo room, all the same features as Toyota’s Active Safety System, plus a longer list of advanced safety technologies.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 YARIS
Yaris Sedan carries over with the following changes.
- Yaris iA is now Yaris Sedan
- Trim levels: L, LE, and XLE
- Revised front grille
- LED headlights and rain-sensing windshield wipers on XLE
Source: All vehicle information is based on respective manufacturers’ websites. Information accurate at time of publication.
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website. Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and/or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Intelligent Cruise Control uses limited braking and is not a collision avoidance or warning system. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
2 Air bags are only a supplemental restraint system. Always wear your seat belt. Rear-facing child restraints should not be placed in the front-passenger’s seat. All children 12 and under should ride in the rear seat properly secured in child restraints, booster seats, or seat belts according to their size. Air bags will only inflate in certain accidents. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
3 Lane Departure Warning only operates when lane markings are able to be detected. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
4 Blind Spot Warning cannot prevent collisions and may not detect every object or warn in all situations. Driver should always turn and look before changing lanes. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
5 Rear Cross Traffic Alert may not detect all vehicles. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
6 Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection cannot prevent all collisions and may not provide warning or braking in all conditions. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
7 Rear Automatic Braking cannot prevent all collisions and may not provide warning or braking in all conditions. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
8 Does not detect people or cargo. Always check rear seat before exiting.
9 Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options. Compatible connected device may be required and feature availability may be dependent on device’s capability. Refer to connected device’s owner’s manual for details. Late availability for some features.
Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Only use features and connected devices when safe and legal to do so. Some features, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach Customer Care or receive support. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Never program GPS while driving. Only use Remote Engine Start and Remote Horn features in accordance with any laws, rules or ordinances in effect in your vehicle’s location.
Some services and features are provided by independent companies not within Nissan’s control. Should service provider terminate or restrict service or features, service or features may be suspended or terminated without notice or with no liability to Nissan or its partners or agents. Services and features may require compatible cellular network provided by independent companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control. Cellular network signal strength may vary and may not be available in all areas or at all times. Services and features may not function if cellular network is unavailable, restricted, or terminated. Nissan and its partners or agents are not responsible for associated costs or other third party changes that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network unavailability, restriction, or termination (including equipment replacements/upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Technology is evolving, and changes by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or its partners’ or agents’ control.
Enrollment, owner consent, personal identification number (PIN), and subscription agreement may be required to receive full suite of features and services. Trial periods (if applicable) begin on the date of vehicle purchase or lease of a Nissan. Trial periods may be subject to change at any time and may be subject to early termination without notice. Required subscriptions may be sold separately for each available feature or service after trial period ends, and may continue until you call service provider to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes may apply. Fees and programming subject to change. Feature may be subject to age restrictions in some areas. Subscriptions governed by service provider’s subscription agreement, terms and conditions and privacy statements available at service provider’s website. Text rates or data usage may apply.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
For important safety information, system limitations, and additional operating and feature information, see dealer, Owner’s Manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
10 Intelligent Driver Alertness cannot provide a warning in every situation. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
11 Tire Pressure Monitoring System is not a substitute for regular tire pressure checks. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.