2020 Nissan Armada vs. 2020 Toyota Sequoia
KEY ARMADA ADVANTAGES
- 7-speed automatic transmission (vs. 6-speed) – Armada has a 7-speed automatic transmission with low gear ratios for the first four gears to enhance acceleration and two overdrive ratios for 6th and 7th gears that lower engine rpm at highway speeds. Sequoia has a 6-speed automatic transmission that only has one overdrive gear.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor1 (I-AVM) – Armada’s available Intelligent Around View Monitor provides views to the front, passenger side, and rear, and a composite view from above, to help enhance visibility when parking. It also provides visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the displayed monitor image. Sequoia offers only a conventional rearview camera.
- Safety features – Armada’s available warning and intervention systems help assist the driver in lane departure, blind spot, forward, and backup collision situations. Armada offers the following features that Sequoia does not:
- Available Intelligent Lane Intervention2 (I-LI) (vs. not available)
- Available Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention3 (I-BSI) (vs. not available)
- Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning4 (I-FCW) (vs. not available)
- Available Intelligent Back-up Intervention5 (I-BI) (vs. not available)
- More head room in all three rows6 – Armada offers more head room than Sequoia in all three rows when comparing models with a moonroof.
- 5.0 inches more in the 1st row (with moonroof) (39.8 in. vs. 34.8)
- 5.1 inches more in the 2nd row (40.0 in. vs. 34.9)
- 1.9 inches more in the 3rd row (36.4 in. vs. 34.5)
- Greater maximum towing capacity7 – Armada offers a maximum towing capacity that is up to 1100 pounds greater than Sequoia’s highest rating (up to 8500 lbs. vs. up to 7400).
- More horsepower
- Standard auto-leveling rear suspension (vs. available)
- Larger available wheels and tires (22 in. vs. 20)
- Standard power front-passenger seat (vs. available)
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Available heated steering wheel
- Auto-down/up for rear windows
- Available Intelligent Rear View Mirror8 (I-RVM)
- Rear Door Alert9
- Standard SiriusXM® Travel Link10 (vs. available)
- Telematics services10
- Better fuel efficiency11
2020 TOYOTA SEQUOIA OVERVIEW
Sequoia is a 3-row SUV that fits between the smaller 4Runner and larger Land Cruiser, and shares its platform with the Tundra pickup truck. It comes in five trim levels: SR5, TRD Sport, Limited, Platinum, and TRD Pro. Sequoia offers one engine and transmission:
- 5.7-liter DOHC V8 with 381 horsepower
- Rear-wheel or 4-wheel drive
- 6-speed automatic transmission
Sequoia is a large, traditionally styled SUV with capabilities and features most buyers would expect. Armada has contemporary styling and a powerful engine to offer a blend of luxury amenities and SUV capability. A high towing capacity7, an available heated steering wheel, and available advanced safety features are examples of why buyers will be impressed by Armada.
Sequoia carries over with the following changes:
- TRD Pro Package with the following features:
- TRD-tuned Fox shock absorbers
- TRD front skid plate
- Available TRD Pro cat-back exhaust
- TRD/BBS aluminum-alloy wheels
- Rigid Industries LED fog lights
- Revised audio system with Apple CarPlay®10 and Android Auto™10 and mobile hotspot
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS