2020 Nissan Armada VS. 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
KEY ARMADA ADVANTAGES
- More powerful engine (vs. 5.3-liter V8) – Armada’s 5.6-liter DOHC V8 engine is more powerful than Tahoe’s 5.3-liter OHV V8.
- 35 more horsepower (390 hp vs. 355)
- 11 more lb-ft of torque (394 lb-ft vs. 383)
- 7-speed automatic transmission (vs. 6-speed with 5.3-liter engine) – Every Armada comes with a 7-speed automatic transmission with low gear ratios for the first four gears to enhance acceleration and two overdrive ratios for 6th and 7th gears that lower engine rpm at highway speeds. Tahoe comes standard with a 6-speed automatic transmission that only has one overdrive gear.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor1 (I-AVM) – Armada’s available Intelligent Around View Monitor provides views to the front, passenger side, and rear, and a composite view from above, to help enhance visibility when parking. It also provides visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the displayed monitor image. Tahoe offers only a conventional rearview camera.
- Safety features – Armada’s available warning and intervention systems help assist the driver in blind spot, forward, and backup collision situations. Armada offers the following features that Tahoe does not:
- Available Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention2 (I-BSI) (vs. not available)
- Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning3 (I-FCW) (vs. available and not intelligent)
- Available Intelligent Back-up Intervention4 (I-BI) (vs. not available)
- Greater ground clearance5 – Armada has 1.3 inches more maximum ground clearance than Tahoe (9.2 in. vs. 7.9).
- Standard auto-leveling rear suspension (vs. available)
- Standard LED low-beam headlights (vs. available HID)
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Auto-down/up for rear windows (vs. auto-down only)
- Rear Door Alert6
- Standard Intelligent Cruise Control7 (ICC) (vs. available)
- Standard Intelligent Key (vs. available)
- Available Intelligent Rear View Mirror8 (I-RVM)
- Standard navigation system9 (vs. available)
- Standard SiriusXM® Travel Link10 (vs. available)
- Standard Front Sonar System11 (vs. available)
- More 2nd-row head room (without moonroof)5
- More 2nd- and 3rd-row leg room5
- More cargo capacity with all seats upright12
2020 CHEVROLET TAHOE OVERVIEW
Chevrolet Tahoe is a full-size body-on-frame SUV that fits between the smaller Traverse and larger Suburban. It comes in three trim levels: LS, LT, and Premier. Powertrain choices are:
- 5.3-liter OHV V8
- 355 horsepower
- Rear-wheel or 4-wheel drive
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 6.2-liter OHV V8
- 420 horsepower
- Rear-wheel or 4-wheel drive
- 10-speed automatic transmission
A long-wheelbase version with seating for up to nine passengers is marketed as the Chevrolet Suburban but it does not compete directly with Armada. Tahoe is built on the same platform as the almost identical GMC Yukon.
Tahoe is a full-size SUV with the power, performance, and features most SUV buyers would expect. Armada has a powerful V8 engine and features such as independent rear suspension and high ground clearance that help provide balanced and capable SUV performance. Armada also offers comfort and convenience features and luxury amenities that buyers will appreciate.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2020 CHEVROLET TAHOE
Tahoe carries over for 2020 with minimal changes.
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS