So, you’ve decided to get a new vehicle. Beyond all the options for trim levels and special packages, Houston drivers will get to a point where they’re deciding on their payment structure. Many end up asking the same question: should I buy or lease? Both are common strategies at Tom Peacock Nissan, so the answer to that question depends upon your personal preferences. We cover getting a lease vs. buying below!
Should I Buy or Lease? Reasons to Get a Nissan Lease
The Woodlands drivers that choose a lease are essentially renting the car from a dealership, usually for a period of around 2 years. This process still requires a down payment and a monthly payment, but there are many ways in which it’s a distinct and smarter choice than financing:
- Lower Payments: If you’re asking, “Should I buy or lease?”, and you want to save on your payments, choose leasing. A lease vs. buying comparison reveals that leasing requires less money upfront and monthly. You’ll also experience less sales tax.
- Coverage: Because the dealership still owns the car, they cover it with solid insurance for many minor repair and maintenance jobs. Even if you get a certified pre-owned vehicle, it could still be eligible for a lease and coverage under the Nissan certified pre-owned program.
- New Car Options: If you’re the kind of Spring driver that wants the latest technology and safety features in your vehicle, a Nissan lease lets you find a wide variety of new cars with exciting features in them without breaking the bank.
- Trading-In: If you’re the kind of person who wants to explore vehicle possibilities, a Nissan lease usually makes it simple to trade in your car for another at the end of the lease.
Lease vs. Buying: Reasons to Buy
While there are tons of reasons to choose a lease, there are also benefits to buying a car in Conroe. For starters, you actually are making payments towards owning a vehicle and keeping it for as long as you want. Here are some other reasons:
- Customize and Modify: Leases come with strict requirements that prevent you from modifying your vehicle, but ownership means you can do whatever you want with it. If you’re the type who likes to tinker with car features, buying is your option.
- No Restrictions: Leasing comes with mileage restrictions, but buying means you can take your car wherever you want.
- Finance Options: From national offers to new vehicle specials, those financing a car can, if diligent enough, find ways to lower their costs.
- Less Cost Over TIme: Once you’ve finished your loan, the cost of owning a car lowers dramatically. This kind of trade-off is impossible with leasing, where the owner of the car never changes.
- Selling Your Car: You’re free to sell a car when you own it, which can help make some money towards other payments.
Whether you’re interested in buying or leasing, you can learn more helpful finance tips like MSRP meaning, gap insurance, and more to help you make the best financial decision.
Finance and Lease at Tom Peacock Nissan
Wherever you fall on this lease vs. buying comparison, Tom Peacock Nissan is ready to help Houston drivers get into their next car. You can even apply for financing online or contact us to find out about Nissan lease offers, what CPO means, learn about the benefits of electric cars, and more!