2020 NISSAN SENTRA VS. 2020 HONDA CIVIC SEDAN
- Advanced handling and ride comfort features – Sentra offers several standard handling and ride comfort features that enhance steering, cornering feel, and ride quality that you won’t find on any Civic.
- Standard Intelligent Engine Brake (I-EB) (vs. not available)
- Standard Intelligent Trace Control1 (I-TC) (vs. not available)
- Standard Active Ride Control (ARC) (vs. not available)
- Rear Door Alert2 – When activated, Rear Door Alert provides a message in the vehicle information display — and if necessary, an audible warning — to alert the driver to check whether an object may have been left in the rear seats when they arrive at their destination and put the vehicle in Park. Civic does not offer this feature.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor3 (I-AVM) – The Intelligent Around View Monitor provides multiple views around the vehicle, as well as a composite overhead view, and even provides audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the displayed monitor image. Civic offers only a rear backup camera with three views of only the rear: normal, wide, and overhead.
- 10 air bags4 (vs. 6) – Every Sentra has 10 supplemental air bags throughout the cabin to help protect passengers, including driver and front-passenger knee air bags and rear-passenger seat-mounted side-impact air bags. Civic only has 6 air bags and it does not offer knee air bags or rear-passenger seat-mounted air bags.
- Advanced safety technologies – Sentra offers a long list of standard advanced safety technologies that can warn drivers, and intervene if necessary, to help prevent a collision or mitigate its effects. Civic either does not offer or has less availability for some of these technologies. Sentra offers:
- Standard Blind Spot Warning5 (BSW) (vs. available passenger-side-only LaneWatch™ camera)
- Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning6 (I-FCW) (vs. standard, but not intelligent)
- Standard Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection7 (vs. standard, but no pedestrian detection)
- Standard Rear Automatic Braking8 (RAB) (vs. not available)
- Standard Rear Cross Traffic Alert9 (RCTA) (vs. not available)
- Dual-Pinion Electric Power Steering (vs. not dual pinion)
- Available two-tone color combinations
- Available LED fog lights (vs. available, but halogen)
- Zero Gravity front seats
- D-shaped steering wheel
- Available heated steering wheel
- Standard Intelligent Auto Headlights (I-AH) with windshield wiper interlock (vs. available auto-on/off headlights and no wiper interlock)
- Available Type-A and Type-C USB connection ports10 (vs. Type-A only)
- Standard Push Button Ignition (vs. available)
- Standard Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant11 (vs. available)
- Standard Siri® Eyes Free12 (vs. available)
- Standard Google Assistant™ Voice Recognition12 (vs. available)
- Available over-the-air software updates13
- Available 8-inch color touch-screen center display (vs. 7-inch display)
- Intelligent Driver Alertness14 (I-DA)
- Rear Sonar System15
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert16
- More front leg room17
- More rear hip room17
2020 HONDA CIVIC SEDAN OVERVIEW
The Civic is Honda’s smallest sedan. It’s offered with a choice of five conventional sedan trim levels — LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, and Touring. Powertrain choices are:
- 2.0-liter DOHC 4-cyl.
- 158 horsepower
- Front-wheel drive
- CVT or 6-speed manual transmission
- 1.5-liter turbocharged DOHC 4-cyl.
- 174 horsepower
- Front-wheel drive
Civic is also available as a hatchback and coupe model, and in two high-performance sport models — the Civic SI and the Civic Type-R — none of which are direct competitors with Sentra.
Civic is a stylish sedan with some impressive performance characteristics as well as a long list of available safety and comfort and convenience features. Sentra has efficient performance and delivers a high-quality ride experience with its advanced suspension features. Available two-tone exterior colors and premium interior features enhance Sentra’s style points. A long list of standard safety features plus an impressive 10 standard air bags make Sentra an attractive all-around choice.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2020 HONDA CIVIC
Civic carries over from 2019 with only minor exterior and interior styling changes to their hatchback and Si models.
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS
|SV with SV Premium Package||EX-L|
|SR with SR Premium Package||Touring|