2020 NISSAN ROGUE VS. 2019 TOYOTA RAV4
KEY ROGUE ADVANTAGES
- Xtronic CVT® (vs. 8-speed A/T) – Rogue’s Xtronic CVT with D-step tuning provides smooth, linear acceleration and quiet operation without the shift shock of a conventional transmission. RAV4 has a conventional 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Active Ride Control (ARC) – Rogue’s Active Ride Control system automatically adjusts throttle and applies brake pressure on rough road surfaces to help enhance ride quality. This feature is not available on RAV4.
- Nissan EZ Flex® Seating System – Rogue’s 2nd-row seatbacks can recline and fold flat, and the seats can slide fore and aft approximately 9 inches in two independent sections. RAV4’s 2nd-row seatbacks recline, but the seats do not slide.
- Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System – The floor of Rogue’s cargo area can be raised, lowered, and divided to provide cargo-carrying flexibility and security. This feature is not available on RAV4.
- Roomier interior – Rogue has a more spacious interior than RAV4, including:
- 2.1 inches more front head room without moonroof (41.6 vs. 39.5)
- 1.8 inches more front head room with moonroof (39.5 vs. 37.7)
- 4.4 inches more rear hip room (52.1 vs. 47.7)
- 2 inches more front leg room (43.0 vs. 41.0)
- 1.7–2.3 cubic feet more cargo capacity with rear seats upright (39.3 cu. ft. vs. 37.0–37.6)
- 1.5–6.9 cubic feet more interior passenger volume (100.4–105.8 cu. ft. vs. 98.9)
- Intelligent Engine Brake (I-EB)
- Intelligent Trace Control1 (I-TC)
- Vented rear disc brakes (vs. solid discs)
- Zero Gravity front seats
- Available Quick Comfort® Seat Heaters
- Rear Door Alert2
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control3 (ICC) with Full-Speed Range and Hold (vs. standard with full-speed range, but no hold)
- Android Auto™4
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert
- Standard Blind Spot Warning5 (BSW) (vs. available)
- Standard Rear Cross Traffic Alert6 (RCTA) (vs. available)
- Standard satellite radio (vs. available)
RAV4 is Toyota’s small crossover SUV. It is offered in five trim levels with a 203-horsepower 4-cylinder engine in front- or all-wheel drive. Also available is a hybrid powertrain.
RAV4 is a well-equipped crossover that has many available convenience and safety features. But Rogue offers more refined styling, greater passenger and cargo versatility, and more advanced driving technologies than RAV4.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 TOYOTA RAV4
RAV4 is redesigned for 2019. Notable changes include:
- New exterior and interior styling
- Five trim levels: LE, XLE, XLE Premium, Adventure, and Limited
- New 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine with 203 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque
- New 8-speed automatic transmission
- New available Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect
- New Multi-terrain Select on AWD models
- Standard LED headlights
- Automatic High Beams
- Available panoramic moonroof
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control Full-Speed Range
- Available Digital Rearview Mirror
- New 7-inch Multi-Information Display
- Available Lane Tracing Assist and Road Sign Assist
- Available Rear Automatic Braking
- Available JBL audio system
- Standard Apple CarPlay®
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS
|S (FWD/AWD)||LE (FWD/AWD)|
|SV (FWD/AWD)||XLE (FWD/AWD)|
|SL (FWD/AWD)||Limited (FWD/AWD)|