KEY PATHFINDER ADVANTAGES
- Available hill descent control – Hill descent control helps the driver maintain a controlled speed without having to use the brakes when going down steep inclines at slow speeds. Pilot does not offer this feature.
- LATCH AND GLIDE®1 technology – Pathfinder’s seating design allows the passenger-side 2nd-row seat to move forward without having to remove an installed child restraint seat. Pilot does not offer this feature.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor2 (I-AVM) – Pathfinder’s Intelligent Around View Monitor provides views to the front, passenger side, and rear, and a composite view from above, to help enhance visibility when parking. It also provides visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the displayed monitor image. Pilot’s multi-angle rearview camera provides views only to the rear and does not provide a Moving Object Detection system.
- More front head room3 – Pathfinder offers 2.1 inches more front head room than Pilot (42.2 in. vs. 40.1).
- More front and 2nd-row leg room3 – Pathfinder offers more leg room in the first two rows than Pilot.
- Front-row leg room: 1.3 inches more (42.2 in. vs. 40.9)
- 2nd-row leg room: 3.3 inches more (41.7 in. vs. 38.4)
- DOHC engine (vs. SOHC)
- Timing-chain-driven camshafts (vs. timing belt)
- Xtronic CVT® (vs. 6-speed or 9-speed A/T)
- 2-wheel or 4-wheel Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) (vs. 2-wheel only)
- Vented rear disc brakes (vs. solid disc)
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Standard Tri-zone Automatic Climate Control (vs. available)
- Type-A and Type-C USB ports4 (vs. Type-A only)
- Rear Door Alert5
- Available full-speed range Intelligent Cruise Control6 (ICC) (vs. standard, but not full-speed range)
- Standard hands-free text messaging assistant7 (vs. available)
- Standard SiriusXM® Travel Link8 (vs. available)
- Available dual-screen rear entertainment system (vs. single screen)
- Higher maximum towing capacity9
2020 HONDA PILOT OVERVIEW
Pilot is a 3-row, 8-passenger SUV built on a unibody platform shared with the Odyssey minivan and Ridgeline truck. Pilot is offered in five trim levels and one engine:
- Direct-injected 3.5-liter SOHC V6 with 280 horsepower
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 6- or 9-speed automatic transmission (depending on trim level)
The engine uses a SOHC design (instead of DOHC) and timing-belt-driven camshafts (instead of timing chain).
Pilot can be equipped with a range of comfort and convenience features that most SUV buyers would expect, and a suite of Honda safety features. Pathfinder offers a modern engine design, plenty of room for passengers, and a long list of standard and available safety features. With a high maximum towing capacity and available hill descent control, Pathfinder offers SUV capabilities that owners will appreciate.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2020 HONDA PILOT
Pilot carries over with the following changes.
- Adds Black Edition AWD trim level with exterior and interior styling enhancements
Source: All vehicle information is based on respective manufacturers’ websites. Information accurate at time of publication.
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website. Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and/or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Do not perform slide forward function with the Child Restraint System occupied.
2 Intelligent Around View Monitor cannot eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
3 Final specifications subject to change prior to start of sale.
4 Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use the connected device while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
5 Does not detect people or cargo. Always check rear seat before exiting.
6 Intelligent Cruise Control uses limited braking and is not a collision avoidance or warning system. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
7 Use Hands Free Text Messaging when parked in a safe location. If you must use while driving, monitor traffic conditions and keep both hands on the steering wheel to prevent collisions. Compatible device required. Message and data rates may apply.
8 Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options. Compatible connected device may be required and feature availability may be dependent on device’s capability. Refer to connected device’s owner’s manual for details. Late availability for some features.
Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Only use features and connected devices when safe and legal to do so. Some features, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach Customer Care or receive support. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Never program GPS while driving. Only use Remote Engine Start and Remote Horn features in accordance with any laws, rules or ordinances in effect in your vehicle’s location.
Some services and features are provided by independent companies not within Nissan’s control. Should service provider terminate or restrict service or features, service or features may be suspended or terminated without notice or with no liability to Nissan or its partners or agents. Services and features may require compatible cellular network provided by independent companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control. Cellular network signal strength may vary and may not be available in all areas or at all times. Services and features may not function if cellular network is unavailable, restricted, or terminated. Nissan and its partners or agents are not responsible for associated costs or other third party changes that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network unavailability, restriction, or termination (including equipment replacements/upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Technology is evolving, and changes by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or its partners’ or agents’ control.
Enrollment, owner consent, personal identification number (PIN), and subscription agreement may be required to receive full suite of features and services. Trial periods (if applicable) begin on the date of vehicle purchase or lease of a new Nissan. Trial periods may be subject to change at any time and may be subject to early termination without notice. Required subscriptions may be sold separately for each available feature or service after trial period ends, and may continue until you call service provider to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes may apply. Fees and programming subject to change. Feature may be subject to age restrictions in some areas. Subscriptions governed by service provider’s subscription agreement, terms and conditions and privacy statements available at service provider’s website. Text rates or data usage may apply.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
For important safety information, system limitations, and additional operating and feature information, see dealer, Owner’s Manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
9 6000 lbs maximum towing capacity for 2020 Pathfinder when properly equipped. Towing capacity varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information.