KEY PATHFINDER ADVANTAGES
- LATCH AND GLIDE®1 technology – Pathfinder’s seating design allows the passenger-side 2nd-row seat to move forward without having to remove an installed child restraint seat. Explorer does not offer this feature.
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert2 – With Pathfinder’s standard Easy-Fill Tire Alert, the hazard lights flash during tire inflation. When the correct pressure is reached, the horn sounds. Explorer does not offer such a feature.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor3 (I-AVM) (vs. no Moving Object Detection system) – Pathfinder’s Intelligent Around View Monitor provides visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the monitor image of the multi-view camera display. Explorer’s multi-view camera system does not offer moving object detection.
- More 2nd-row leg room4 – Pathfinder offers 2.7 inches more leg room in the 2nd row than Explorer (41.7 in. vs. 39.0).
- Higher maximum towing capacity5– Pathfinder’s maximum towing capacity when properly equipped is 6000 lbs. Explorer’s is 5000–5600 lbs.
- Available reverse tilt-down outside mirrors
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Reclining 3rd-row seatbacks6
- Rear Door Alert7
- Standard SiriusXM® Travel Link8 (vs. available)
- Standard customizable vehicle information display (vs. available)
- More front-row head room4
- More 3rd-row shoulder and hip room4
- Higher EPA estimated fuel economy9 (vs. V6 4WD)
2020 FORD EXPLORER OVERVIEW
Explorer is a 3-row SUV built on a unibody platform and is offered in four trim levels: XLT, Limited, ST, and Platinum. Powertrain choices are:
- EcoBoost® turbocharged 2.3-liter DOHC 4-cyl.
- 300 horsepower
- Rear-wheel or Intelligent 4-wheel drive
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- EcoBoost® twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter DOHC V6
- 365 hp (ST trim produces 400 hp)
- Intelligent 4-wheel drive
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Electric hybrid motor paired to normally aspirated 3.3-liter DOHC V6
- 318 horsepower
- Intelligent 4-wheel drive
- 10-speed automatic transmission
The hybrid engine is available only as an option on the Limited trim. The performance-minded ST trim is tuned to produce 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque. Intelligent 4WD comes with Hill Descent Control and Terrain Management System.
Like Pathfinder, Explorer offers a blend of on-road comfort and SUV versatility, and it can be equipped with a range of advanced comfort and convenience, and driver-assist features. And the new ST trim offers an impressive performance option not often seen in the segment. Pathfinder offers unique modern styling and sophisticated comfort and convenience features.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2020 FORD EXPLORER
Explorer is all-new for 2020 with the following notable features:
- Revised exterior and interior styling
- Four available trim levels:
- 3.0 twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® V6 engine replaces 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6
- New Hybrid model with 3.3-liter V6 engine (option on Limited trim only)
- New ST trim capable of 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque
- Standard 10-speed automatic transmission with rotary shifter
- Rear-wheel drive replaces front-wheel drive
- Standard electric parking brake with brake hold function
- Standard active grille shutter (except ST)
- Standard LED low- and high-beam headlights
- Standard power liftgate
- Available Multicontour front seats with Active Motion®
- Available 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Standard tri-zone climate control
- Standard driver and front-passenger supplemental knee air bags
- Standard Ford Co-Pilot360™
- Auto high beam headlights
- Blind Spot Information System
- Lane Keeping Alert and Lane Keeping Assist
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Available Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+
- Intelligent Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Lane Centering
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Navigation System
- Available Active Park Assist
- Available factory-installed rear entertainment system
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website. Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and/or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Do not perform slide forward function with the Child Restraint System occupied.
2 Vehicle must be on for the Easy-Fill Tire Alert to operate.
3 Intelligent Around View Monitor cannot eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
4 Final specifications subject to change prior to start of sale.
5 Towing capability varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information.
6 Do not ride in a moving vehicle when the seatback is reclined. For the most effective protection, the seat should be upright. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
7 Does not detect people or cargo. Always check rear seat before exiting.
8 Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options. Compatible connected device may be required and feature availability may be dependent on device’s capability. Refer to connected device’s owner’s manual for details. Late availability for some features.
Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Only use features and connected devices when safe and legal to do so. Some features, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach Customer Care or receive support. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Never program GPS while driving. Only use Remote Engine Start and Remote Horn features in accordance with any laws, rules or ordinances in effect in your vehicle’s location.
Some services and features are provided by independent companies not within Nissan’s control. Should service provider terminate or restrict service or features, service or features may be suspended or terminated without notice or with no liability to Nissan or its partners or agents. Services and features may require compatible cellular network provided by independent companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control. Cellular network signal strength may vary and may not be available in all areas or at all times. Services and features may not function if cellular network is unavailable, restricted, or terminated. Nissan and its partners or agents are not responsible for associated costs or other third party changes that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network unavailability, restriction, or termination (including equipment replacements/upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Technology is evolving, and changes by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or its partners’ or agents’ control.
Enrollment, owner consent, personal identification number (PIN), and subscription agreement may be required to receive full suite of features and services. Trial periods (if applicable) begin on the date of vehicle purchase or lease of a new Nissan. Trial periods may be subject to change at any time and may be subject to early termination without notice. Required subscriptions may be sold separately for each available feature or service after trial period ends, and may continue until you call service provider to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes may apply. Fees and programming subject to change. Feature may be subject to age restrictions in some areas. Subscriptions governed by service provider’s subscription agreement, terms and conditions and privacy statements available at service provider’s website. Text rates or data usage may apply.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
For important safety information, system limitations, and additional operating and feature information, see dealer, Owner’s Manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
9 2020 EPA Fuel Economy Estimates for Pathfinder: 20 city MPG/27 hwy MPG/23 combined MPG for 2WD; 19 city MPG/26 hwy MPG/22 combined MPG for 4WD S, SV, and SL trims; 19 city MPG/26 hwy MPG/21 combined MPG for 4WD Platinum trim. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only.