KEY PATHFINDER ADVANTAGES
- Vented rear disc brakes – Pathfinder’s vented rear disc brakes enhance cooling, which helps reduce brake fade under high-speed or continuous brake application. Highlander has solid rear disc brakes.
- Available Motion-Activated Liftgate – Pathfinder’s liftgate can be opened and closed with an in-and-out kicking motion under the center of the rear bumper when the Nissan Intelligent Key® is within range. Highlander does not offer a similar feature.
- LATCH AND GLIDE®1 technology – Pathfinder’s seating design allows the passenger-side 2nd-row seat to move forward without having to remove an installed child restraint seat. Highlander does not offer this feature.
- Available telematics convenience services (NissanConnect® Services powered by SiriusXM®2) – Pathfinder’s telematics system uses the navigation system and cellular technology to provide safety, security, and convenience services. Information and functions are available via the navigation system display, the internet, or web-enabled phone. Highlander does not offer a similar system.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor3 (I-AVM) (vs. no Moving Object Detection system) – Pathfinder’s Intelligent Around View® Monitor provides visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the monitor image of the multi-view camera display. Highlander’s multi-view camera system does not offer moving object detection.
- More versatile 4WD system
- Xtronic CVT® (vs. 6- or 8-speed A/T)
- Larger available wheels and tires
- Available reverse tilt-down function for outside mirrors
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Standard Tri-zone Automatic Climate Control (vs. available)
- Type-A and Type-C USB ports4 (vs. Type-A only)
- Rear Door Alert5
- Available full-speed range Intelligent Cruise Control6 (ICC) (vs. standard, but not full-speed range)
- Standard SiriusXM® Travel Link2 (vs. available)
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert7
- Standard customizable vehicle information display (vs. available)
- Available dual-screen rear entertainment system8 (vs. single screen)
- Longer wheelbase9
- More front and 3rd-row head room9
- More front and 3rd-row shoulder room9
- More 2nd- and 3rd-row leg room9
- Higher maximum towing capacity10
2019 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER OVERVIEW
Highlander is Toyota’s midsize crossover, now in its third generation. Based on the Camry platform, it comes with 3-row seating and is available in five trim levels. Powertrain choices are:
- 2.7-liter DOHC 4-cylinder
- 185 horsepower
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 3.5-liter DOHC V6
- 295 horsepower
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Hybrid motor paired to a 3.5-liter DOHC V6
- 306 horsepower
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- ECVT with sequential shift mode
Toyota’s family-oriented crossover can be equipped with a range of advanced comfort, convenience, and safety features. Pathfinder matches Highlander’s family-friendly appeal, and also offers a sophisticated 4-wheel drive system with three driver-selectable modes. It provides the power, ride comfort, and amenities of a crossover and adds genuine off-road and towing capabilities.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Highlander carries over with the following changes.
- Highlander SE comes standard with the Nightshade Special Edition that includes:
- Black 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Dark headlights and fog lights
- Black exterior door handles and mirror caps
- Black rear Toyota emblem
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website. Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and/or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Do not perform slide forward function with the Child Restraint System occupied.
2 Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options. Compatible connected device may be required and feature availability may be dependent on device’s capability. Refer to connected device’s owner’s manual for details. Late availability for some features.
Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Only use features and connected devices when safe and legal to do so. Some features, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach Customer Care or receive support. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Never program GPS while driving. Only use Remote Engine Start and Remote Horn features in accordance with any laws, rules or ordinances in effect in your vehicle’s location.
Some services and features are provided by independent companies not within Nissan’s control. Should service provider terminate or restrict service or features, service or features may be suspended or terminated without notice or with no liability to Nissan or its partners or agents. Services and features may require compatible cellular network provided by independent companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control. Cellular network signal strength may vary and may not be available in all areas or at all times. Services and features may not function if cellular network is unavailable, restricted, or terminated. Nissan and its partners or agents are not responsible for associated costs or other third party changes that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network unavailability, restriction, or termination (including equipment replacements/upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Technology is evolving, and changes by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or its partners’ or agents’ control.
Enrollment, owner consent, personal identification number (PIN), and subscription agreement may be required to receive full suite of features and services. Trial periods (if applicable) begin on the date of vehicle purchase or lease of a new Nissan. Trial periods may be subject to change at any time and may be subject to early termination without notice. Required subscriptions may be sold separately for each available feature or service after trial period ends, and may continue until you call service provider to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes may apply. Fees and programming subject to change. Feature may be subject to age restrictions in some areas. Subscriptions governed by service provider’s subscription agreement, terms and conditions and privacy statements available at service provider’s website. Text rates or data usage may apply.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
For important safety information, system limitations, and additional operating and feature information, see dealer, Owner’s Manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
3 Intelligent Around View Monitor cannot eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
4 Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use the connected device while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
5 Does not detect people or cargo. Always check rear seat before exiting.
6 Intelligent Cruise Control uses limited braking and is not a collision avoidance or warning system. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
7 Vehicle must be on for the Easy-Fill Tire Alert to operate.
8 Requires compatible auxiliary media system. See Owner’s Manual for details.
9 Final specifications subject to change prior to start of sale.
10 6000 lbs maximum towing capacity for 2020 Pathfinder when properly equipped. Towing capacity varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information.