2020 NISSAN MURANO VS. 2019 LEXUS RX 350
KEY MURANO ADVANTAGES
- Zero Gravity front and outboard rear seats – The design of Murano’s Zero Gravity seats can help reduce fatigue when driving long distances. RX only offers seats with a conventional design.
- Apple CarPlay®1 and Android Auto™1 – Murano’s Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ allow users to operate compatible devices using vehicle controls or voice commands, and to view information on the center display screen. RX does not offer either of these features.
- Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning2 (I-FCW) (vs. standard, but not intelligent) – Every Murano has Intelligent Forward Collision Warning, which helps alert the driver to a potential frontal collision by monitoring the vehicle traveling in front of the vehicle immediately ahead. If the system detects a potential collision, it alerts the driver with visual and audible warnings. RX has collision warning but it only monitors the vehicle directly ahead.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor3 (I-AVM) (vs. no Moving Object Detection system) – Murano’s available Intelligent Around View Monitor provides 360-degree views around the vehicle, as well as visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the displayed monitor image. RX’s available multi-view camera system does not detect moving objects within the monitor image.
- Larger cargo capacity4 – Murano has a greater cargo capacity with the rear seats up or down compared to RX models with two rows of seats.
- 12.7 cubic feet more cargo capacity with rear seats upright (31.1 cu. ft. with moonroof vs. 18.4)
- 8.7 cubic feet more cargo capacity with rear seats folded down (65.0 cu. ft. with moonroof vs. 56.3)
- Xtronic CVT® (vs. 8-speed A/T)
- 4-wheel vented disc brakes (vs. front only)
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Available Quick Comfort® Seat Heaters for front and outboard rear seats (vs. conventional heated seats)
- Type-A and Type-C USB ports5 (vs. Type-A only)
- Rear Door Alert6
- Available Remote Engine Start7 with Intelligent Climate Control (vs. standard, but no Intelligent Climate Control)
- Available Traffic Sign Recognition8 (TSR)
- Standard 7-in. color Advanced Drive-Assist® Display9 (vs. available)
- Standard 8-in. color touch-screen control display (vs. available and not touch-screen)
- More front and rear shoulder room10
- Lower coefficient of drag10
- Better EPA mileage estimates11 (AWD)
2019 LEXUS RX 350 OVERVIEW
RX is a line of luxury crossovers that fits between the smaller NX and larger GX models in the Lexus lineup. It comes in gasoline (RX 350) or hybrid (RX 450h) versions. It is available in 2-row seating (RX 350 and RX 450h) or 3-row (RX 350L and RX 450hL). Powertrain choices are:
- 3.5-liter DOHC V6
- 295 horsepower (290 hp in long wheelbase models)
- Front-wheel or all-wheel drive
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Hybrid electric motor paired to a 3.5-liter DOHC V6
- 308 horsepower
- All-wheel drive
- CVT transmission
The latest-generation RX combines aggressive styling with the upscale amenities expected from a luxury brand. Murano offers dramatic styling of its own, substantially more cargo capacity, and a similar range of amenities at a lower price.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 LEXUS RX 350
RX 350 carries over with the following changes:
- Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking now part of individual options
- Available Noble Brown leather interior
- Available Lexus Enform Remote app with Amazon Alexa1 compatibility
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS
|—||RX 350 F SPORT|
|—||RX 350L, RX 450hL|