2020 Murano Advantages over the 2019 Honda Passport; Zero Gravity front and outboard rear seats, Intelligent Around View® Monitor, 10 standard airbags, Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning, Available Rear Automatic Braking and more…
KEY MURANO ADVANTAGES
- Zero Gravity front and outboard rear seats – The design of Murano’s Zero Gravity seats can help reduce fatigue when driving long distances. Passport only offers seats with a conventional design.
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor (I-AVM)1 – Murano’s available Intelligent Around View Monitor provides 360-degree views around the vehicle, as well as visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the displayed monitor image. Passport offers only a multi-angle rear camera, and it does not detect moving objects.
- 10 standard air bags2 – Murano offers 10 airbags as standard equipment. Passport does not offer the following airbags:
- Driver and front-passenger supplemental knee airbags
- Rear passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental airbags
- Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning3 (I-FCW) (vs. standard, but not intelligent) – Every Murano has Intelligent Forward Collision Warning (I-FCW), which helps alert the driver to a potential frontal collision by monitoring the vehicle traveling in front of the vehicle immediately ahead. If the system detects a potential collision, it alerts the driver with visual and audible warnings. Passport offers collision warning but it only monitors the vehicle directly ahead.
- Available Rear Automatic Braking4 (RAB) – Rear Automatic Braking (RAB) helps detect large stationary objects when backing up, and if necessary, applies the brakes to help avoid a collision. Passport does not offer this safety feature.
- More sophisticated engine (DOHC vs. SOHC)
- Xtronic CVT® (vs. 9-speed A/T)
- 4-wheel vented disc brakes (vs. front only)
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Available Quick Comfort® Seat Heaters for front and outboard rear seats (vs. conventional heated seats)
- Type-A and Type-C USB ports5 (vs. Type-A only)
- Rear Door Alert6
- Available 2-driver memory for steering column
- Available Intelligent Cruise Control7 (ICC) with full-speed range (vs. standard, but not full-speed range)
- Available Remote Engine Start8 with Intelligent Climate Control (vs. standard, but no Intelligent Climate Control)
- Standard Apple CarPlay®9 and Android Auto™9 (vs. available)
- Available Traffic Sign Recognition10 (TSR)
- Standard 8-inch color center display with touch-screen control (vs. available)
- Standard satellite radio9 (vs. available)
- Better EPA mileage estimates11 (FWD highway/combined; AWD)
2019 HONDA PASSPORT OVERVIEW
Passport is Honda’s 5-passenger crossover SUV, positioned between the compact CR-V and three-row Pilot. It comes in four trim levels: Sport, EX-L, Touring, and Elite. There is one engine available and the powertrain is:
- Direct-injected i-VTEC® 3.5-liter SOHC V6
- 280 horsepower
- Front-wheel or Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel Drive
- 9-speed automatic transmission
Passport shares much of its chassis engineering with Pilot and Ridgeline.
Passport is Honda’s more off-road-oriented SUV, available with many advanced safety and driver-assist features. Murano offers more aggressive and futuristic exterior styling, as well as a more sophisticated interior that includes premium comfort, convenience, and safety features that Passport can’t match.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 HONDA PASSPORT
Passport is all-new for 2019 with the following notable features:
- 280 horsepower SOHC 3.5-liter V6 engine with idle stop
- 9-speed automatic transmission
- FWD or i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring AWD
- Intelligent Traction Management System
- Available foot-activated power liftgate
- Standard remote engine start
- Available digital gauge cluster
- Tri-zone Automatic Temperature Control
- Available Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
- Available in-vehicle Wi-Fi and wireless phone charging
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Towing capacity up to 5000 lb.
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website. Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and/or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Intelligent Around View Monitor cannot eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
2 Air bags are only a supplemental restraint system. Always wear your seat belt. Rear-facing child restraints should not be placed in the front-passenger’s seat. All children 12 and under should ride in the rear seat properly secured in child restraints, booster seats, or seat belts according to their size. Air bags will only inflate in certain accidents. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
3 Intelligent Forward Collision Warning cannot prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
4 Rear Automatic Braking cannot prevent all collisions and may not provide warning or braking in all conditions. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
5 Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use the connected device while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
6 Does not detect people or cargo. Always check rear seat before exiting.
7 Intelligent Cruise Control uses limited braking and is not a collision avoidance or warning system. Driver should monitor traffic conditions and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
8 State laws may apply. Review before using.
9 Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options. Compatible connected device may be required and feature availability may be dependent on device’s capability. Refer to connected device’s owner’s manual for details. Late availability for some features.
Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Only use features and connected devices when safe and legal to do so. Some features, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach Customer Care or receive support. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Never program GPS while driving. Only use Remote Engine Start and Remote Horn features in accordance with any laws, rules or ordinances in effect in your vehicle’s location.
Some services and features are provided by independent companies not within Nissan’s control. Should service provider terminate or restrict service or features, service or features may be suspended or terminated without notice or with no liability to Nissan or its partners or agents. Services and features may require compatible cellular network provided by independent companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control. Cellular network signal strength may vary and may not be available in all areas or at all times. Services and features may not function if cellular network is unavailable, restricted, or terminated. Nissan and its partners or agents are not responsible for associated costs or other third party changes that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network unavailability, restriction, or termination (including equipment replacements/upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Technology is evolving, and changes by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or its partners’ or agents’ control.
Enrollment, owner consent, personal identification number (PIN), and subscription agreement may be required to receive full suite of features and services. Trial periods (if applicable) begin on the date of vehicle purchase or lease of a new Nissan. Trial periods may be subject to change at any time and may be subject to early termination without notice. Required subscriptions may be sold separately for each available feature or service after trial period ends, and may continue until you call service provider to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes may apply. Fees and programming subject to change. Feature may be subject to age restrictions in some areas. Subscriptions governed by service provider’s subscription agreement, terms and conditions and privacy statements available at service provider’s website. Text rates or data usage may apply.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
For important safety information, system limitations, and additional operating and feature information, see dealer, Owner’s Manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
10 Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) may not detect and read all traffic signs in all conditions. Driver should monitor all traffic signs and obey all traffic laws.
11 2020 EPA Fuel Economy Estimate 20 city MPG/28 hwy MPG/23 combined MPG. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only.