2020 Nissan Maxima vs. 2020 Acura TLX
- V6 engine with more horsepower — Maxima’s 3.5-liter V6 engine has more horsepower than any of TLX’s engines.
- 10 more horsepower than TLX’s 3.5-liter V6 engine (300 hp vs. 290)
- 94 more horsepower than TLX’s 2.4-liter I-4 engine (300 hp vs. 206)
- Zero Gravity front seats – Every Maxima comes standard with Zero Gravity front seats, which help reduce fatigue when driving long distances. TLX only offers a conventional seat design.
- Rear Door Alert1 – Maxima’s Rear Door Alert system can alert the driver to check whether an object may have been left in the rear seats. TLX does not offer this feature.
- More safety features – Maxima has many more standard and available safety features than TLX:
- Standard driver and front-passenger supplemental knee air bags2 (vs. driver only)
- Standard rear passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags2
- Standard Blind Spot Warning3 (BSW) (vs. available)
- Available Moving Object Detection system (Intelligent Around View® Monitor4 [I-AVM])
- Standard Rear Cross Traffic Alert5 (RCTA) (vs. available)
- Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning6 (I-FCW) (vs. standard, but not intelligent)
- Standard Rear Automatic Braking7 (RAB)
- More front head room8, front leg room8, and interior passenger volume8 — Maxima’s spacious interior offers more room than TLX in several categories including:
- 1.7 inches more front head room (38.9 in. vs. 37.2 with moonroof)
- 2.4 inches more front leg room (45 in. vs. 42.6)
- 5.2 cubic feet more space inside Maxima without a moonroof (98.5 cu. ft. of interior passenger volume vs. 93.3)
- 3.1 cubic feet more space inside Maxima with a moonroof (96.4 cu. ft. of interior passenger volume vs. 93.3)
- Integrated Dynamics-control Module
- Intelligent Engine Brake (I-EB)
- Active Ride Control (ARC)
- Available sport-tuned suspension
- Vented front and rear disc brakes (vs. front only)
- Larger standard wheels and tires (18-inch vs. 17)
- Available Dual Panel Panoramic Moonroof (vs. standard single panel)
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Available power tilt/telescoping steering column (vs. manual)
- Type-A and Type-C USB ports9 (vs. Type-A only)
- Available power rear-window sunshade
- Available two-driver memory for steering column
- Available entry/exit assist
- Standard Remote Engine Start10 with Intelligent Climate Control (vs. available)
- Available Traffic Sign Recognition11 (TSR)
- Intelligent Driver Alertness12 (I-DA)
- Larger fuel tank8
If you like the Nissan Maxima but don’t have the budget for a new vehicle, then check out our pre-owned Nissan Maxima inventory.
2020 ACURA TLX OVERVIEW
TLX is Acura’s midsize sedan, positioned between the entry-level ILX and the flagship RLX in the Acura sedan lineup. It replaces both the previous TL and TSX and is built on a modified version of the Honda Accord platform.
TLX is available with a choice of 4- or 6-cylinder engines. The 2.4-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine is mated to an 8-speed dual clutch transmission and is available only in front-wheel drive. The 3.5-liter SOHC V6 engine is mated to a 9-speed automatic and is available in front-wheel drive or Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™.
TLX is a well-equipped luxury sedan with more mainstream styling than the previous TL. Maxima offers its own distinctive and sporty design, along with a more spacious interior and comparable luxury amenities.
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS
|—||TLX 2.4 4-cyl.|
|SV||TLX 3.5 V6|
|SL||TLX 3.5 V6 with Technology Package|
|SR||TLX 3.5 V6 with A-Spec Package|
|Platinum||TLX 3.5 V6 with Advance Package|
|—||TLX 3.5 V6 SH-AWD|