KEY MAXIMA ADVANTAGES
- Integrated Dynamics-control Module — Maxima’s dedicated chassis electronic control module manages engine, transmission, and Vehicle Dynamic Control capabilities for enhanced handling. Avalon does not offer a similar feature.
- Intelligent Engine Brake (I-EB)
- Intelligent Trace Control1 (I-TC)
- Active Ride Control (ARC)
- Available Dual Panel Panoramic Moonroof (vs. single panel) — Maxima’s available dual panel moonroof allows people in the front and rear seats to enjoy open-air motoring with its very large opening. Avalon offers only a single panel moonroof.
- Zero Gravity front seats – Every Maxima comes standard with Zero Gravity front seats, which help reduce fatigue when driving long distances. Avalon only offers a conventional seat design.
- Available Intelligent Around View Monitor2 (I-AVM) (vs. no Moving Object Detection system) — Maxima’s available Intelligent Around View Monitor provides views to the front, passenger side, and rear, and a composite view from above, to help enhance visibility when parking. It also provides visual and audible warnings if a moving object is detected within the displayed monitor image. Avalon has an available multi-camera system but does not offer a Moving Object Detection system.
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning3 (I-FCW) (vs. not intelligent) — Maxima’s standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning system helps alert the driver to a potential frontal collision by monitoring the vehicle traveling in front of the vehicle immediately ahead. If the system detects a potential collision, it alerts the driver with visual and audible warnings. Avalon’s forward collision warning system monitors only the vehicle immediately ahead.
- Front and rear vented disc brakes (vs. front only)
- Larger standard wheels and tires (18-inch vs. 17)
- Available tilt-down outside mirrors
- Available driver’s seat manual thigh extension
- Available climate-controlled (heated and cooled) front seats (vs. heated and ventilated)
- Type-A and Type-C USB ports4 (vs. Type-A only)
- Available power rear window sunshade
- Android Auto™5
- Rear Door Alert6
- Standard Remote Engine Start7 with Intelligent Climate Control (vs. available)
- Available Traffic Sign Recognition8 (TSR)
- Intelligent Driver Alertness9 (I-DA)
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert10
- Standard Rear Automatic Braking11 (RAB) (vs. available)
- More front head room12 (with or without moonroof)
- More front leg room12
- Larger fuel tank12
If you’re impressed with the Maxima but aren’t in the market for a new model, then check out our used Nissan Maxima inventory.
2019 TOYOTA AVALON OVERVIEW
Avalon is Toyota’s flagship sedan and is currently in its fifth generation. It is offered in four trim levels in the 3.5-liter V6 gasoline version, or in three trim levels as a hybrid with a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine. V6 models get an 8-speed automatic, while hybrid models get Toyota’s ECVT.
Avalon is aimed at buyers who cross-shop domestic full-size sedans. Its primary selling point is upscale styling luxury that sets it apart from its domestic competitors. While Maxima is slightly smaller than Avalon, it still provides ample interior room, and it has more front head and leg room than Avalon. Maxima also delivers sportier styling and dynamic performance while offering comfort and luxury features that are not available on Avalon.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 TOYOTA AVALON
Avalon is new for 2019 with the following notable changes:
- New exterior and interior styling
- New XSE trim level
- New 3.5-liter V6 engine and hybrid powertrain
- New 8-speed automatic transmission
- New platform with revised multi-link rear suspension
- Available Adaptive Variable Suspension system
- Available Technical Laser Ablation headlights and taillights
- Dynamic auxiliary sequential turn signals
- New Cognac interior color
- Engine Sound Enhancement
- New 9-inch display audio
- Available 1200-watt JBL audio system
- Standard Entune 3.0 with Wi-Fi Connect, Toyota Remote Connect with Smartwatch and Amazon Alexa Connectivity, and Apple CarPlay™ Connectivity
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense P (TSS-P)
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website. Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and/or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Intelligent Trace Control cannot prevent collisions or loss of control. Driver should remain in control of vehicle at all times. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
2 Intelligent Around View Monitor cannot eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
3 Intelligent Forward Collision Warning cannot prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
4 Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use the connected device while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
5 Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options. Compatible connected device may be required and feature availability may be dependent on device’s capability. Refer to connected device’s owner’s manual for details. Late availability for some features.
Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Only use features and connected devices when safe and legal to do so. Some features, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach Customer Care or receive support. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Never program GPS while driving. Only use Remote Engine Start and Remote Horn features in accordance with any laws, rules or ordinances in effect in your vehicle’s location.
Some services and features are provided by independent companies not within Nissan’s control. Should service provider terminate or restrict service or features, service or features may be suspended or terminated without notice or with no liability to Nissan or its partners or agents. Services and features may require compatible cellular network provided by independent companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control. Cellular network signal strength may vary and may not be available in all areas or at all times. Services and features may not function if cellular network is unavailable, restricted, or terminated. Nissan and its partners or agents are not responsible for associated costs or other third party changes that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network unavailability, restriction, or termination (including equipment replacements/upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Technology is evolving, and changes by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or its partners’ or agents’ control.
Enrollment, owner consent, personal identification number (PIN), and subscription agreement may be required to receive full suite of features and services. Trial periods (if applicable) begin on the date of vehicle purchase or lease of a new Nissan. Trial periods may be subject to change at any time and may be subject to early termination without notice. Required subscriptions may be sold separately for each available feature or service after trial period ends, and may continue until you call service provider to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes may apply. Fees and programming subject to change. Feature may be subject to age restrictions in some areas. Subscriptions governed by service provider’s subscription agreement, terms and conditions and privacy statements available at service provider’s website. Text rates or data usage may apply.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
For important safety information, system limitations, and additional operating and feature information, see dealer, Owner’s Manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
6 Does not detect people or cargo. Always check rear seat before exiting.
7 State laws may apply. Review before using.
8 Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) may not detect and read all traffic signs in all conditions. Driver should monitor all traffic signs and obey all traffic laws.
9 Intelligent Driver Alertness cannot provide a warning in every situation. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
10 Vehicle must be on for the Easy-Fill Tire Alert to operate.
11 Rear Automatic Braking cannot prevent all collisions and may not provide warning or braking in all conditions. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving and brake as needed to prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
12 Final specifications subject to change prior to start of sale.