2020 Nissan GT-R vs. 2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S
KEY GT-R ADVANTAGES
- Double-wishbone front suspension – The double-wishbone design of GT-R’s front suspension helps enhance handling by controlling vertical movement of the tires with minimal inward or outward tilt. 911 Turbo S has an independent strut front suspension that is designed more for ride comfort than performance.
- Multi-function display – GT-R’s multi-function display provides detailed information about and controls for the audio, climate control, navigation, and hands-free systems. It also displays five customizable performance screens and one fixed stop watch screen. 911 Turbo S does not offer a similar feature.
- Longer wheelbase – GT-R’s wheelbase is 12.9 inches longer than 911 Turbo S’s (109.4 in. vs. 96.5) and enhances the handling characteristics of GT-R’s Premium Midship platform.
- Lower coefficient of drag – GT-R has a coefficient of drag that is .05 lower than 911 Turbo S (0.26 vs. 0.31). So even when producing race-car-like downforce at speed, GT-R’s low coefficient of drag helps it slip through the air.
- Longer powertrain limited warranty – GT-R’s limited powertrain warranty coverage is one year or 10,000 miles longer than 911 Turbo S’s (5 years or 60,000 miles vs. 4 years or 50,000 miles).
- More horsepower (Track Edition, GT-R NISMO)
- Standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition (vs. available)
- Standard navigation-linked travel and weather information (vs. available)
- Standard stopwatch and log book function (vs. available)
- Standard SiriusXM® Radio1
2019 PORSCHE 911 TURBO S OVERVIEW
The 911 is Porsche’s iconic rear-engine sports car. It’s available in many different models in coupe and cabriolet (convertible) body styles. GT-R competes most directly with 911 Turbo S. The previous-generation 911 Turbo was the benchmark for the development of the GT-R.
The 911 Turbo S, which has a 580-horsepower twin-turbo 6-cylinder engine paired to an all-wheel drive system, has a reputation for outstanding performance, but its price can be almost double that of GT-R, depending on options. GT-R also provides outstanding performance at a substantially lower price.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 PORSCHE 911 TURBO S
911 Turbo S carries over for 2019 with the following change:
- Exclusive Series no longer available
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS
|GT-R||911 Turbo S|
|911 Turbo S|