2020 NISSAN ARMADA VS. 2019 FORD EXPEDITION
KEY ARMADA ADVANTAGES
- Standard Intelligent Key (vs. available) – Every Armada comes equipped with Nissan Intelligent Key®, which eliminates the need to use the remote keyless entry when locking or unlocking the doors, or the ignition key to start the engine. This feature is an extra-cost option on Expedition’s lower trim levels.
- Available Intelligent Rear View Mirror1 (I-RVM) – An available LCD screen in the rearview mirror can display the image from the rearview camera, providing the driver an unobstructed view to the rear of the vehicle. The driver can switch between the traditional mirror view and the LCD view. This feature is not available on Expedition.
- Rear Door Alert2 – Armada’s standard Rear Door Alert provides a message in the vehicle information display — and later, an audible warning — to alert the driver to check whether an object may have been left in the rear seats. Expedition does not offer this feature.
- NissanConnect® with Navigation and Services3 – Every Armada has the following navigation, connectivity, and telematics features as standard equipment, compared to being only available on Expedition:
- Standard navigation system4 (vs. available)
- Standard hands-free text messaging assistant5 (vs. available)
- Standard SiriusXM® Travel Link (vs. available)
- Standard telematics convenience services (vs. available)
- Safety features – Armada’s available warning and intervention systems help assist the driver in blind spot, forward, and backup collision situations. Armada offers the following features that Expedition does not:
- Available Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention6 (I-BSI)
- Standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning7 (I-FCW)
- Available Intelligent Back-up Intervention8 (I-BI)
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor9 (I-AVM) (vs. no Moving Object Detection system)
- V8 engine (vs. V6)
- Standard engine with more horsepower
- Standard auto-leveling rear suspension (vs. available)
- Standard LED low-beam headlights (vs. available)
- Standard power front-passenger’s seat (vs. available)
- Standard auto-down/up for front-passenger’s window (vs. available)
- Auto-down/up for rear windows
- Standard Intelligent Cruise Control10 (ICC) (vs. available)
- Standard Front Sonar System11 (vs. available)
- Larger fuel tank12 (vs. short wheelbase)
2019 FORD EXPEDITION OVERVIEW
Ford Expedition is a full-size body-on-frame SUV that shares its platform with the Lincoln Navigator.
Expedition is available in three trim levels with 2- or 4-wheel drive and can seat up to eight passengers. It is powered by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine with a 10-speed automatic transmission. Also available is the long-wheelbase MAX model.
The new-generation Expedition re-tooled its styling and performance from its predecessor. Armada counters with its own impressive lineup of comfort and convenience amenities as standard equipment, along with advanced safety features.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019 FORD EXPEDITION
Expedition carries over with the following changes:
- Special Edition Package includes
- 22-inch premium black-painted wheels
- LED headlights and fog lights
- 360-degree camera with front and rear camera washers
- Cargo package
- Heavy-duty trailer tow package
- Enhanced active park assist
- Bright roof rack rails and end caps now standard on Platinum
- Standard tri-zone automatic temperature control
- FordPass™ Connect replaces SYNC® Connect
- New exterior colors: Agate Black Metallic and Silver Spruce Metallic
TRIM LEVEL MATCHUPS