Altima advantages over Camry; Available all-wheel drive, Active Ride Control, Rear Door Alert, advanced drive-assist system and Intelligent Forward Collision Warning and more
KEY ALTIMA ADVANTAGES
- Available all-wheel drive1 – Altima’s available Intelligent All-Wheel Drive can automatically direct up to 50% of the power to the rear wheels for improved traction under various road conditions. When all-wheel drive is not needed, Altima operates in 100% front-wheel drive for maximum fuel efficiency. Camry is available in front-wheel drive only.
- Active Ride Control (ARC) – Every Altima has Active Ride Control, which automatically adjusts throttle and applies brake pressure on rough road surfaces to help enhance ride quality. No Camry offers such a feature.
- Rear Door Alert2 – Altima’s Rear Door Alert system can alert the driver to check whether an object may have been left in the rear seats. Camry does not offer this feature.
- Available advanced drive assist system (ProPILOT Assist3) (vs. no Steering Assist) – Altima’s available ProPILOT Assist eases the driver’s workload by automatically adjusting the vehicle’s set speed and following distance to other cars according to the flow of traffic. It can also help keep the vehicle centered in its lane when lane markings are visible. Camry’s Dynamic Radar Cruise Control will maintain speed and distance to other vehicles according to traffic flow, but it does not keep the vehicle centered in its lane.
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning4 (I-FCW) (vs. not intelligent) – Altima’s standard Intelligent Forward Collision Warning system helps alert the driver to a potential frontal collision by monitoring the vehicle in front of the vehicle immediately ahead. If the system detects a potential collision, it alerts the driver with visual and audible warnings. Camry’s forward collision warning system monitors only the vehicle directly ahead.
- Available Variable Compression Turbo (VC-Turbo) engine
- Standard Intelligent Trace Control5 (I-TC) (vs. available)
- Available fog lights
- Zero Gravity front seats
- Standard 60/40 split fold-down rear seatbacks (vs. available)
- D-shaped steering wheel
- Available heated steering wheel
- Intelligent Auto Headlights (I-AH) with windshield wiper interlock (vs. no wiper interlock)
- 2 Type-A and 2 Type-C USB ports6 (vs. 3 Type-A only)
- Standard Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition (vs. available)
- Standard Remote Engine Start7 (vs. available)
- Available Nissan Door to Door Navigation8
- Available Traffic Sign Recognition9 (TSR)
- Intelligent Driver Alertness10 (I-DA)
- Standard Advanced Drive-Assist® Display11 (vs. available)
- Easy-Fill Tire Alert12
- Available Intelligent Around View® Monitor13 (I-AVM) (vs. no Moving Object Detection system)
- Available Active Noise Cancellation
- SiriusXM® Advanced Audio Features14
- More rear shoulder room15
- More front leg room15
- Better EPA mileage estimates16 (2.0 VC-Turbo vs. 3.5 V6)
2020 TOYOTA CAMRY OVERVIEW
Camry is Toyota’s midsize sedan that fits between the smaller Corolla and larger Avalon in Toyota’s sedan lineup. It is offered in nine gasoline trim levels and three hybrid trim levels. Gasoline powertrain choices are:
- 2.5-liter DOHC 4-cyl.
- 203 horsepower (L, LE, SE, XLE) or 206 horsepower (XSE)
- Front-wheel drive
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- 3.5-liter DOHC V6
- 301 horsepower
- Front-wheel drive
- 8-speed automatic transmission
Camry is a well-equipped front-wheel-drive sedan with sporty performance options. Camry offers contemporary and sporty styling choices and more in-car technologies than previous-generation models. Altima has available all-wheel drive and an available variable-compression turbo engine that offers both sporty and efficient performance. Altima impresses with athletic exterior styling, a premium interior, and a long list of advanced comfort, convenience, and safety technologies buyers will appreciate.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2020 CAMRY
Camry carries over with the following changes:
- New TRD model with the following features:
- Black front splitters, side aero skirts, black rear spoiler, and rear diffuser
- Lightweight 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Larger front brake discs with red front and rear calipers
- TRD-tuned coil springs and dampers with lower ride height
- Active Cornering Assist (ACA)
- TRD-tuned cat-back exhaust with polished stainless steel tips
- SofTex®-trimmed interior with red stitching
- Android Auto™ is now standard along with Apple CarPlay®
Source: All vehicle information is based on respective manufacturers’ websites. Information accurate at time of publication.
This website is intended for general descriptive and informational purposes only. It is subject to change and does not constitute an offer, representation or warranty (express or implied) by Nissan North America, Inc. Interested parties should confirm the accuracy of any information in this website as it relates to a vehicle directly with Nissan North America, Inc. before relying on it to make a purchase decision. Nissan North America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes, at any time, without prior notice, in prices, colors, materials, equipment, specifications, and models and to discontinue models or equipment. Due to continuous product development and other pre- and post-production factors, actual vehicle, materials and specifications may vary from this website. Some vehicles shown with optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy. Availability and delivery times for particular models or equipment may vary. Specifications, options and accessories may differ in Hawaii, U.S. territories and other countries. For additional information on availability, options or accessories, see your Nissan dealer or contact Nissan North America, Inc.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. and/or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
1 Intelligent All-Wheel Drive cannot prevent collisions or provide enhanced traction in all conditions. Always monitor traffic and weather conditions.
2 Does not detect people or cargo. Always check rear seat before exiting.
3 ProPILOT Assist cannot prevent collisions. It is the driver’s responsibility to be in control of the vehicle at all times. Always monitor traffic conditions and keep both hands on the steering wheel. System operates only when lane markings are detected. Does not function in all weather, traffic and road conditions. System has limited control capability and the driver may need to steer, brake or accelerate at any time to maintain safety. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
4 Intelligent Forward Collision Warning cannot prevent collisions. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
5 Intelligent Trace Control cannot prevent collisions or loss of control. Driver should remain in control of vehicle at all times. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
6 Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. If you have to use the connected device while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
7 State laws may apply. Review before using.
8 Never program while driving. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status.
9 Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) may not detect and read all traffic signs in all conditions. Driver should monitor all traffic signs and obey all traffic laws.
10 Intelligent Driver Alertness cannot provide a warning in every situation. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
11 Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Use the text messaging feature after stopping your vehicle in a safe location. If you have to use the feature while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
12 Vehicle must be on for the Easy-Fill Tire Alert to operate.
13 Intelligent Around View Monitor cannot eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. Driver should always turn and check surroundings before driving. See Owner’s Manual for safety information.
14 Feature availability is dependent on vehicle model, trim level, packaging and options. Compatible connected device may be required and feature availability may be dependent on device’s capability. Refer to connected device’s owner’s manual for details. Late availability for some features.
Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Only use features and connected devices when safe and legal to do so. Some features, including automatic crash notification and SOS, are dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, its ability to connect to a wireless network, compatible wireless network availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal receptions, the absence of which can limit or prevent the ability to reach Customer Care or receive support. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Never program GPS while driving. Only use Remote Engine Start and Remote Horn features in accordance with any laws, rules or ordinances in effect in your vehicle’s location.
Some services and features are provided by independent companies not within Nissan’s control. Should service provider terminate or restrict service or features, service or features may be suspended or terminated without notice or with no liability to Nissan or its partners or agents. Services and features may require compatible cellular network provided by independent companies not within Nissan or its partners’ or agents’ control. Cellular network signal strength may vary and may not be available in all areas or at all times. Services and features may not function if cellular network is unavailable, restricted, or terminated. Nissan and its partners or agents are not responsible for associated costs or other third party changes that may be required for continued operation due to cellular network unavailability, restriction, or termination (including equipment replacements/upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Technology is evolving, and changes by independent companies are not within Nissan’s or its partners’ or agents’ control.
Enrollment, owner consent, personal identification number (PIN), and subscription agreement may be required to receive full suite of features and services. Trial periods (if applicable) begin on the date of vehicle purchase or lease of a new Nissan. Trial periods may be subject to change at any time and may be subject to early termination without notice. Required subscriptions may be sold separately for each available feature or service after trial period ends, and may continue until you call service provider to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes may apply. Fees and programming subject to change. Feature may be subject to age restrictions in some areas. Subscriptions governed by service provider’s subscription agreement, terms and conditions and privacy statements available at service provider’s website. Text rates or data usage may apply.
The Nissan names, logos and slogans are trademarks owned by or licensed to Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. or its North American subsidiaries. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
For important safety information, system limitations, and additional operating and feature information, see dealer, Owner’s Manual, or www.NissanUSA.com/connect/important-information.
15 Final specifications subject to change prior to start of sale.
16 2020 EPA Fuel Economy Estimates for Altima: 28 city MPG/39 hwy MPG/32 combined MPG for 2.5 FWD S, SV, and SL; 27 city MPG/37 hwy MPG/31 combined MPG for 2.5 FWD SR and Platinum; 25 city MPG/34 hwy MPG/29 combined MPG for 2.0 VC-Turbo FWD; 26 city MPG/36 hwy MPG/30 combined MPG for 2.5 AWD S, SV, and SL; 25 city MPG/35 hwy MPG/29 combined MPG for 2.5 AWD SR and Platinum. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions. Use for comparison only.